Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Conjugate Sequence System & Concentrated Loading

Hey Everyone,
I have a question to those who have experience on using Verkhoshansky's Conjugate Sequence System. Yesterday, I skimmed Dr. Siff's Supertraining to find out how to best organize my periodization for the 100m (I am planning to destroy the 400m record at my school this year, too) I am planning to use the CSS and concentrated loading for myself.
So here is the gyst of my plan:

I have six weeks and three days until the day I want to peak (Santa Barbara County Championship). The sequence of what I want to use is :

-->Jumps (as outlined in Dr. Yessis's Explosive Running) (3 weeks ... Peak Volume at 1.5 weeks)
--> Explosive Barbell Exercises (Power Cleans, Jump Squats, Concentrated [Tremendously High] Volume, Light Load) (3 weeks...Peak Volume at 1.5 weeks)
--> Depth Jumps (Low Volume, High Intensity) (3 weeks...Peak Volume at 1.5 weeks)

I figured that using the concentrated volume of explosive barbell exercises will develop explosive strength endurance, which will transfer to the 100m and 400m nicely, even though the exercises that will be used for the concentrated volume are not as specific to sprinting as using the sprints themselves.

All throughout the six weeks, I will be doing some strength maintenance work. 4x2 for Squats and Deadlifts, about 80-85% Load).

Special attention to Hip Flexion will be given for the first three weeks, as it seems that my knees do not rise high enough. This might be due to excessive squatting and deadlifting (in relation to training the hip flexors).

Throughout the concentrated volume, I will only run for the sake of maintaining, or improving, technique work. I will not be doing full intensity sprints. I will run with about 85% effort.

No comments: